Thursday, January 7, 2010

Weigh In Day

I had my first official weigh in day of 2010 on Wednesday.  I weighed 212.4!!!!!  I lost 3.8 lbs in a week!  It's been a long time since I lost that much in one week.  I was very happy with myself.  :-)  Now I have to keep going.  I don't want to get back into the cycle of losing and gaining the same 10 lbs.

I've been pretty good at not eating too much that's fattening this week.  I've been having fruit and toast for breakfast, and salad for lunch.  Dinner has been a little more substantial.  We had baked chicken 2 nights this week, Subway one night, and sandwiches last night and tonight.  Our biggest problem is we haven't made menus or planned out our meals before we went to the grocery store.  I don't know about y'all, but I HATE going grocery shopping.  It's annoying to me to have to go back to the store to get something in order to finish cooking a meal.  We didn't plan really well for the entire week, so we ended up running out of the things we needed to cook proper meals.  The first goal for this week is to plan our meals and make a shopping list.

Gary and I have only been to the gym once this week.  :-(  We still haven't figured out a routine to get us on the right track.  I know, that's a lame excuse.  We're just going to have to put on our big kid britches and go!  We'll get that worked out.  I'm looking forward to getting into better shape.  The second goal for this week is to get to the gym more than once.

Over all I think my first week on my journey has gone well.  I'll keep working on those goals and get better habits as I go.  I know I can do it this time.  I'm determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment