Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Journey Begins... Again

I know it's cliche to start a health and fitness program on the New Year, but there's no better time than now to get busy getting healthy.  My husband Gary and I are both overweight and out of shape.  I'm on my way to a heart attack or diabetes if I don't do something about my weight and sedentary lifestyle.  I've been losing and gaining the same 10 lbs. for the last three years.  Some of us at work weigh every Wednesday.  We each pay $4 a month and whoever loses the largest percentage of their weight wins the money.  I've never won the money.  We've been doing this since September 2006!  I weigh virtually the same as I did when we first started!  I've got to get serious!  I don't want to weigh 216 lbs. any more.  I've got 2 beautiful grandbabies I want to see grow up!



This is me.  Gary and I took pictures of each other yesterday to document our appearance.  I not only need to work on my weight and shape, but my rosacea is horrible, too.  A healthier diet will take care of some of it.  I have to totally cut out the caffeine, too.  That's my biggest weakness.  I LOVE Dr. Pepper!  No more!  I know I should be drinking water, I just don't.

We also took our measurements yesterday.  Boy that was an eye-opener!  Here are mine:  Neck: 15", Chest: 45", Waist: 41", Hips: 50", Thighs: 28 1/2".  The only good thing about these measurements is that my waist is smaller than my hips!  No more!  I have a picture of me when I was in college.  I want to look like that again.

My first step toward my goal was to join 24HR Fitness.  Gary and I went there yesterday and took a tour.  It was better than other gyms we've used.  I liked the pool area.  It looked cleaner than others I've seen.  Tomorrow, Gary and I are going to the gym to work out for the first time in quite a while.  I'm looking forward to getting started.  There are yoga classes I want to take on Tuesdays.

I better get some sleep now.  Got to get my rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment