Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Another Successful Weigh-In!

I'm stoked that I lost another 1.2 lbs!  I now weigh 211.2.  Eating a healthier diet is helping a lot.  I had another pretty good day food wise today.  Here's what I ate.  Breakfast:  2 slices of wheat toast, 1 medium apple, and 1 large banana.  Lunch was a large salad of Romaine lettuce, baby carrots, and a tomato topped with fat free Italian dressing.  (I did have a few pieces of candy corn and a 16oz Dr. Pepper for a snack... bad me!)  Dinner:  1 medium pork chop simmered in cream of mushroom soup, and 2 cups of rice.  I went overboard on the rice, but I have learned from past experience not to leave myself hungry when I eat a meal.  Eating filling foods helps curb cravings and snacking on junk food.

Gary and I went to the gym last night.  It was our third visit.  We used the exercise bikes for the cardio portion of our work out.  It was much more enjoyable than the treadmill.  We were on the bikes for a little over 15 minutes, and I got my heart rate up to the 150's pretty quickly.  My average heart rate was 146.  Monday, when we walked on the treadmill, I only got my heart rate up in the 140's and my average heart rate was 136.  We also used some of the weight machines.  We did leg extensions, leg curls, and the lat pull down.  All-in-all we worked out pretty hard.  I was surprised that I could do leg extensions with 60 lbs.  I don't think I've ever gone that heavy with the weights before.  On the leg curls I got up to 90 lbs and could still do about 15 reps.  I'm going to try to do 100 lbs. when we go back tomorrow.  My upper body needs a lot of work.  I think I did 40 lbs on the lat pull down.  I was pretty proud of myself for what I did.  Tomorrow I plan to do more weight machines.  I'm working myself up to doing all of them eventually.

I'm sure it seems like I'm taking very small steps, but I know that a person as out of shape as I am has to work his/her way up the fitness ladder.  I will continue to progress and get in better shape as I go.  I can't wait to start taking yoga classes, but I want to lose about 20 lbs. first.  I think it would be hard for me to get myself into the poses at my weight.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment