Monday, January 4, 2010

Our First Trip to the Gym

Gary and I went to the gym last night.  We didn't want to push it too hard, so we just did some cardio.  I did about 2 minutes on the elliptical machine and 30 minutes on the treadmill.  I can't believe how out of shape I am! I felt really light headed and out of breath when I was finished.  I gulped down some water to try to recover.  My legs felt like Jell-O.  That tells me I have to keep going and get into shape.

I weighed myself at the gym.  According to their scale, I weigh 213.7 lbs.  That's less than the 216.2 I weighed on Wednesday at work.  My official weigh-in will be on Wednesdays.  We weigh at the same time every Wednesday and that is a better indicator of my weight loss than weighing at different times of day at the gym.

I had a pretty good day as far as what I ate.  For breakfast I had an apple and a banana.  I had a salad for lunch with fat free Italian dressing.  I had a turtle and a couple of cookies at break time for a snack. (Oops!) Dinner was a turkey and ham on honey oat bread from Subway.  I actually got 48 oz. water in through the day also.  :-)  That's a lot better than my typical 2 or 3 20 oz. Dr. Peppers.  I still need to get some milk in my diet somewhere.  Yesterday I had a smoothie for breakfast.  I got up too late this morning to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment