Saturday, January 22, 2011

Surprising Weight Loss

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I LOST weight during my recovery!  When I got on the scales at the doctor's office I couldn't believe my eyes... they read 201.0!  Wow!  I was amazed!  I was sure I was going to be disappointed about my weight.  After thinking about it, I'm guessing the best thing that happened to my waist was that I was away from the stresses of my job and all the goodies that everyone brings!  Christmas is the absolute worst time of year for anyone who is trying to lose weight!  Especially when you work where I do. During the entire month of December, people bring in cookies, candy, pies and cakes to share with everyone.  I usually eat whatever everyone brings.  No self control!  I know being at home and away from all the junk really saved my this year.  I'm glad I was home during most of the holiday season.  I had a few baked goodies from my mom, but not as much as I usually have.  I'm glad that the holidays are over and there won't be so many temptations to lure me away from my goals when I go back to work on Monday.  :-)

I think I did pretty well on my grocery shopping yesterday.  I spent a total of $82.11.  The best part about that is I got enough meat to last us nearly 2 weeks and still bought dishwasher detergent and aluminum foil.  I was even able to buy enough salad fixings to get me through my first week back to work.  Not bad for only spending $82!  I'm learning that buying everything at Wal-Mart isn't always the cheapest way to go.  Albertson's had a really good sale this week.  Pork chops and ground turkey for $1/lb!  That's how I was able to get 2 weeks worth of meat for so little money.

The doctor released me yesterday, but told me not to do any strenuous abdominal exercises for another month.  He told me I could jog, though.  Hubby and I are supposed to start either walking/running or going to the gym in the mornings before work starting Monday.  The weather will determine whether we go to the gym or walk/run.  Bring it on!  I'm ready to get into shape and start feeling good about myself.

Reeve 49082

Photo courtesy of Otis Historical Archives National Museum of Health and Medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment