Thursday, January 6, 2011

My New Year's Resolutions

I've been racking my brains trying to figure out what my New Year's Resolution should be. (Yes, I realize it's the 6th!  I'm slow! :-P)  I know I need to lose weight.  What I need is a plan to make that happen.  My husband and I are going to start running once the doctor releases me.  We'll also be hitting the gym to build some strength. My goal is to get down to 140 lbs or a size 10 by the end of the year.  Since I won't know how much I weigh until I go back to the doctor on the 21st, I don't know how many pounds I'll need to lose to get there, but it should be somewhere around 60 to 70 pounds. I'll definitely have to get back to eating healthier... since my surgery, I've been a terrible slacker.  :-(   I'm actually a bit afraid of what the scale will say.  I think I'll go back to the way I was eating before my surgery.  I lost about 7 lbs in a month.  That's not bad.  If I lose 7 lbs. every month, that's 84 lbs... that would be awesome!  That's it!  That's the plan!  Eat like I was eating before my surgery (OLD Weight Watchers plan from the 90's), walk/run with hubby, and hit the gym a few times a week.  I'll also join the January Go The Distance over on Robby's site.  I'm already doing some walking.  Hubby and I walked 8/10 of a mile this afternoon.  Not very far, but I have to start somewhere.  :-)

Another goal I've been thinking about is saving money.  That's a little tougher than losing weight, I'm afraid.  I've been researching "couponing".  I saw the show "Extreme Couponers" earlier this week and thought, "I'd like to buy $600.00 worth of groceries and personal care products for $2.00!"  I bought my 2 Sunday papers and have been diligently clipping the coupons... we'll see if I can get the savings I'm looking for.  No matter how much I save, it'll be better than not saving anything... every penny counts!

My last goal for this year is to blog more.  In addition to this blog, I have a genealogy blog that has been terribly neglected.  This is as good a time as any to get back into my family history and blogging.

Happy New Year everyone!  I'm off to clip some more coupons and then go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment