Thursday, January 27, 2011

Trying to Run and Sucking Wind

My husband and I have done our walk/run 3 times so far this week!  We did a mile each day.  Monday was 95% walking.  I didn't realize trying to run when it's 20 degrees outside hurt your lungs so much!  Tuesday was a little warmer and we were able to run about 3 times as far as Monday.  We ran even more this morning, but I sure was sucking wind awfully hard when we got home!  Wow!  I'm desperately out of shape!  My husband is very encouraging.  He tells me how proud he is of me and encourages me to keep going.  I'm glad he's doing this with me.  I don't think I would run at all without his support and encouragement.  :-)  Here's a picture of me in my running garb.  Pretty sexy, huh? LOL
 
We had our annual health screening at work today.  We were all SO looking forward to it... ;-)  I'm really not fond of getting measured, weighed, pricked in the finger and told I'm fat by a total stranger.  There was an up side to it, though.  My weight, according to their scale, was 200.0!  I was so excited that when I was finished with my screening (they checked cholesterol, blood sugar, triglycerides, etc.) and I got back to my building, I weighed on the scales we use for our weekly weigh in.  I'm at 199.7!!!!!  I'm SO psyched!!!!  I know it's been at least 10 years since I weighed below 200!  I finally met the goal I was trying to reach before I had my surgery!  Yay me!!!!  I'm ready to tackle my next goal.  I want to lose 10 lbs. in February.  Plus Size Bloggers has a new monthly challenge.  The goal each month is to lose 10 lbs.  The challenge starts February 7th.  Click here if you'd like to sign up.  You will have to post an update every week so Vera can track your progress.  I'm looking forward to it, and I think having to post weekly updates will help me stick with my eating and exercise routine.

I better get to bed now.  Gotta get up at 5:00 to go walk/run before work!  Good night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment