Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Finally Getting Back Into the Groove

It's been too long since I've really tried to eat right.  I decided today that I want to follow the classic Weight Watcher's plan that uses food selections instead of the points system.  I've followed each of them before, and I was much more successful with the food selections.  To me, the points system allows too much flexibility.  I really have to have more structure than the points system provides.  I won't be going to any meetings, but we are still doing weekly weigh-ins at work.  I told the girl who keeps track of our weight of my plans, and she was very encouraging.  There is another girl at the office who is following a different program who was also encouraging.  I'm making myself accountable to her as well.  I'm hoping that a little more accountability will give me the small push I need to keep me on track.

Today was a challenging eating day because I didn't plan my grocery shopping this weekend. I bought the usual ground beef, processed cheese product, sugary cereal, white bread, and whole milk that have brought me to this point instead of the chicken, vegetables, whole grains, and fresh fruit that I need to be eating.  This will surely be a challenging week!  Fortunately, I DO have some tuna and oatmeal in the pantry and broccoli in the freezer.  (I just had broccoli for a snack!)  I might make it through the week with those. :-)

I took my measurements again.  My bust is 44", waist 41", hips 50", and thighs 26 1/2".  I have actually lost some inches since the first of the year... 1" in the bust and 2 1/2" in the thighs!  Wow! I figured it would be worse.  When I weighed this morning, my weight was 210.6 lbs.  That's a loss of 5.6 lbs since the first of the year.  Pretty sad for 10 months. :-( 

I'm going to be taking a trip to the grocery store tomorrow to get a few more healthy foods to get me through the week. I'll have to plan a menu for next week and plan my grocery buying accordingly.

Better get to bed for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment