Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Recovering from Surgery

I had my hysterectomy surgery on the 9th of this month, and I'm on my way to feeling much, much better.  I'm glad the hardest part is over, and I can't wait until I can get out of total couch potato mode next week. My husband has been doing an awesome job of taking care of me. He cooks me breakfast in the mornings (we had biscuits and gravy and cinnamon rolls this morning) and dinner every night. He really is an awesome cook. I just hope I don't gain too much weight while I'm recovering. I haven't even been trying to track what I've been eating. I think it would scare me! Yikes!!!

I have been doing a little bit of walking, but I have no idea how far I'm going. It's not anywhere near the 2 miles that my hubby and I did at the end of November, but at least I'm able to move around.  The doctor told me to slowly start increasing my activity. I can start doing light housework next week. Yay... I think... ugh!  At least it will get me off the couch more.  I thought I was a couch potato before my surgery, but wow, my butt really gets sore from all the sitting!  I must get up from my desk a lot more than I realize when I'm working.

When I went to the doctor on Monday, I was a bit disappointed with my weight. I'm at 203.6.  That's almost identical to what I weighed on the 7th which was 203.4.  I was hoping that I'd at least lose a little from the surgery... oh well... I'll get there.  On the up side, my husband says I look healthier than before... my color is good and I seem happier.  I told him the happier part of that was due to not having to drag myself to work five days a week.  :-)

I don't have a scale at home, so I won't be able to post my weight until I am cleared to go back to work. Hopefully, I'll be able to lose a little before I start working again.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment