Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Awesome Weigh In!

Great news! I lost 4.4 lbs this past week! I'm so excited! I wasn't expecting to lose that much at one time. I now weigh 206.2. Now I just have 6.2 lbs to go to get down to 200.

It's been a VERY long time since I've been below 200. I was about 180 when I met my husband in 1996. (We were both a lot thinner back then.) I've struggled with my weight most of my life. The only time I ever considered myself thin was at the end of my senior year of high school. I weighed around 120, which is good for my 5'3" frame. When I got to college, I put on the "freshman 15" and I just kept on gaining. I got married to my first husband just before I graduated from college. About a month after graduation, I got pregnant with my first child and gained even more weight. I managed to lose most of the weight I'd gained with my first child when I discovered I was pregnant again....

I've been on the "weight loss rollercoaster" ever since. Mostly because I've been lazy and haven't exercised or cooked healthy meals. I'm tired of being the lazy, fat, unhealthy person that I've become. My pending surgery has helped me focus on what I need to do to get back into shape. (and I don't mean round!) Health wise I am lucky that my body shape is a pear instead of an apple. I don't have high cholesterol or high blood pressure, and I'd like to keep it that way. I've promised myself I'm going to lose this weight! I'm so thankful for my family and friends who are so supportive and love me the way I am, but they know I'll be so much better off when I lose the weight and get healthier. I love all of you! Thank you for caring about me and showing your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment