Saturday, November 13, 2010

Just a Quick Update

I don't mean to brag, but I've been having an awesome week, as far as my diet goes. :-)  I've been sticking to my eating plan pretty well. I haven't totally wasted my optional calories on soda, and I'm getting my 8 glasses of water in on most days. The cool thing about this plan is that you can use non-caramel colored diet soda as water, as long as you drink at least 4 glasses of regular water, too. I try to drink all 8 of my glasses of water as plain water and use my diet soda for a treat. :-)  Not drinking Dr. Pepper has been a challenge for me, but I've finished drinking the last of the caffeine-free Diet Dr. Pepper, and I promised myself I wouldn't drink it anymore. One of my friends at work is seeing a nutritionist and she was told that caramel colored sodas are really bad for people. I'll have to do some research on that and get back with you on it.

I made turkey/beef burgers and oven fries for dinner on Wednesday. They were really yummy, too. Even my husband liked them. To make oven fries, you quarter your potatoes long ways and lay them on a baking sheet. Drizzle them with a little bit of olive oil and season them with garlic powder, a little salt and pepper, and paprika. Bake @ 375 degrees until browned (about 35 minutes). According to my Weight Watcher's information, 10 oz of these is 2 Bread selections and 2 Fat selections. It's definitely a meal that is satisfying and feels like you're cheating, even though you're not. :-)

Well, my dishwasher is calling. I better get my dishes done so I can cook dinner in a little while!

2 comments:

  1. Hola! ((that concludes are bilingual portion of our comment))

    Thanks for the comment over in my recovering-white-trash neck of the woods.

    What WW plan do you follow? I'm anxious as hell about the new ProPoints they're releasing in ONE WEEK - ACK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola back at you, Kirsten! (I'm not very bilingual either!)

    I appreciate you stopping by my neck of the woods and saying, "Hi!"

    I'm following the OLD Selections plan. The one where you get a certain number of milks, breads, fruits, etc. It was the plan I was on in the mid '90's and I lost 25lbs. I tried to do the Points thing, but it just didn't work for me. I need WAY more structure than the Points give. I just wish I'd bought the eating out guides! I feel like I need to carry a scale and measuring cups everywhere I go! LOL!

    I don't think you should worry about the new ProPoints... if it doesn't work for you, keep doing what does work.

    ReplyDelete