Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm so stoked!  According to my family, I made the most awesome turkey EVER!  All I can say is Claire Robinson is an awesome cook!  I used her recipe from her 5 Ingredient Fix show.  Here's the link again. :-) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/claire-robinson/classic-turkey-in-5-recipe/index.html


This is what it looked like when it came out of the oven.  It was very moist and tender.  This was the first turkey that I've ever cooked and I'm 45!  I'm so glad it turned out so well.  :-D  My fantastic husband made the dressing and potato salad.  He also made a coke salad.  I love it when he cooks.  :-D

I did pretty well with my portions when I ate, too.  I usually fill my plate to overflowing and go back for more.  This year I only ate a small amount of everything and ate more turkey and salad than anything else... I did have a small sliver of my pumpkin pie, though.  It was good, too. 

I have one more Thanksgiving dinner to get through tomorrow.  I'm excited, though.  Mom is trying to lose weight, too so she said she would do things in a healthy way.  But what I'm excited about is that both of my children and  both grandchildren are going to be with us!  Our son has been in town from New Jersey and we're going to have him and his son with us tomorrow!  Our daughter has the day off from work tomorrow, so she and her daughter get to be with us, too!  After all, spending time with the family and counting your blessings is what Thanksgiving is all about.

I hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving with their families and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment