Sunday, November 21, 2010

What a week!

I've been avoiding writing this post all week. I don't know why, but I have. I gained 0.2 lbs. this week, but I'm okay with that. It's really nothing I can't overcome. I was even sticking to my food plan really well... until Thursday. We had our Thanksgiving luncheon at work on Thursday, and I ate too much! The will power and determination that I've had for the last three weeks just went up in smoke! There was pumpkin pie and sweet potato pie and that green jello salad with the mini marshmallows (I love that stuff!)... I did try to control my portions. I ate just a sliver of the pumpkin and sweet potato pies and just a couple of tablespoons of the green stuff, but boy did I feel guilty! I feel like I let myself down. I've been trying so hard to eat right, and I have for the most part, and I blew it on pie!

I was better on Friday, at least during the day... I stuck to my plan until I got home. I was SO exhausted when I got home, I let my tiredness get the best of me and ordered pizza for dinner. I only ate two slices, but not long afterward I fell asleep on the couch. I was in bed before 9PM.

Well, now that I look at it, I didn't do as bad as I thought. I didn't eat as much as I would have eaten in the past on a luncheon day at work. I didn't go home feeling all miserable like I've done in the past. I totally skipped dinner that night... I was still feeling full.

I'm pretty close to being back on track now. I made fajitas for dinner last night. No guacamole and only a small amount of sour cream on one of them. :-)  Tonight I had pork chops and rice... I really need to buy more vegetables for home! I eat a lot of spinach salad for lunch at work, but I don't have the same stuff at home for lunch on the weekends.

I'll get the hang of this! At least I'm actually trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment